If you’ve been considering whether law school is right for you, check out this 15-minute LSAT/Law School podcast interview about what’s important to consider and how to prepare yourself for deciding on a career in law.
In the podcast, we discuss:
- How to explore whether law is the right direction for you;
- How to choose courses in college to prepare for law school and/or the LSAT;
- How much time you should save to study for the LSAT;
- Why applying early in the cycle really matters – what “Rolling Admissions” means;
- Whether you should plan to specialize in a certain area of law; and
- How a professional background may help you as you enter your legal career.
It’s important to gain a clear understanding of what lawyers really do, how hard they work, and whether the undertaking is financially feasible for you. And, if you’re at the beginning of your college career, it’s vital to explore interests outside of law; law is an interdisciplinary field so having your own areas of interest, passion and expertise will always prove valuable.
For working professionals considering a career change, the skills you’ve already been developing will continue to serve you in law. This includes technical skills but also knowing how to interact with diverse clients in difficult situations, how to work well with others, and being familiar with the objectives of a business or entity.
Let me know what you think of the podcast.