I had the pleasure of speaking to students at Strategy Prep in Washington, DC this week. I covered the following topics:
- Timing of your law school applications given your intended LSAT date.
- How taking multiple LSATs factors into when you submit applications and whether you need to explain multiple LSAT scores in your applications.
- Who to ask for letters of recommendations and what they need to emphasize about you, in addition to how they balance other aspects of your application.
- How to create a resume that benefits your law school applications and why it matters.
- What to focus on in your law school personal statement.
- Whether you need to address “why law” and/or interest in a specific area of law in your personal statement.
- When to write an optional essay with your application.
- The difference between a “mandatory” addendum and a “discretionary” one and how to explain character and fitness issues.
- Things to be aware of when reapplying to law school.
Here is the link to the 45 minute talk and Q&A. Let me know if you have any questions, or if you have a group you’d like me to come talk to in person or via web conference.