Applying to Law School in December: A 30-Day Plan
For those of you who just took the LSAT, or those of you who have simply been procrastinating, here is a plan to help you move through the application process as speedily as possible without freaking out that you are late in the game.
December 5,6,7: Brainstorm ideas for your personal statement. Review the following resources before getting started:
- Law School Expert’s Law School Personal Statement Tips
- Berkeley Law personal statement tips (best advice I’ve seen put out by any law school – even if you’re not applying to Berkeley, this advice works for each school’s application)
- The Law School Admission Game , Chapter 7, to help you understand what you need to say about yourself to overcome any concerns law schools might have about you and how to present yourself to get into your reach law schools.
- Figure out your reasons for attending law school for those schools that want you to articulate that.
- Here is the article with an resume outline that I did for USNews.com last year.
- Make sure it accounts for your time after high school (and not during high school).
- Here are Law School Expert’s Law School Resume Tips.
- For more tips on resumes, you can check out Chapter 6 of The Law School Admission Game.